Divorce and Asset Division · Custody and Support · Modifications
Family law is one of the most difficult and complicated areas of the law. Your life is upended and the future is uncertain. Your property and finances are knotted together. You want to shield your kids from a nasty legal battle.
The Law Office of David D. Nowak, LLC , provides compassionate counsel for this turbulent time. We help you identify your goals and give you the key advice you need to make good decisions and position yourself for a favorable outcome. Just as important, we provide strategic and vigorous representation in negotiations and contested family court matters.
Comprehensive Services in Maryland Family Law
Based in Towson, we serve a diverse clientele in Baltimore City, Baltimore County and surrounding communities of northern Maryland. We assist business owners, professionals, executives and other high earners in complex property division and high-conflict custody disputes. We are familiar with the special divorce considerations for military personnel or their civilian spouses. David Nowak has also represented many law enforcement officers through his advocacy for the Maryland Troopers Association.
We welcome anyone seeking high-quality legal representation in family law:
- Divorce and property division — We help you protect your interests, through amicable separation and marital property agreements, or through litigation as necessary.
- Child custody and visitation — We emphasize practical resolution of the thorny issues of custody and parenting time, but we are prepared to go to court to fight for your children.
- Child support or alimony — We make sure that the court has accurate information and we can negotiate or litigate financial support in the bigger picture of the divorce agreement.
- Post-decree modifications — We advocate for clients when a change in circumstances means revisiting court orders for custody, visitation, child support or alimony.
- Paternity actions — We represent mothers seeking child support and fathers seeking custody rights, as well as clients who are challenging paternity or visitation.
- Prenuptial agreements — A premarital agreement allows you to protect wealth that you bring to the marriage and to streamline legal matters in the unfortunate event of a divorce.
- Adoption — We handle private adoptions such as formal adoption by a stepparent or relatives stepping up to adopt a child who has been orphaned, abandoned or abused.
- Guardianship — We can help you arrange for care and custody of your dependent children in the event of your death, or assert guardianship over a parent or family member.
- Divorce mediation — Our firm provides mediation services to couples interested in an alternative to trial. We also provide legal advice prior to mediation sessions to explain the process and prepare you for negotiations and to determine if mediation is appropriate in your case.
Selecting a Family Law Attorney
You may have hired a wedding planner and other professionals to help you plan your wedding. You should certainly have professional help to plan your divorce or to watch out for your interests in family law proceedings. David Nowak provides focused knowledge in this complicated area of the law. He has taken cases to trial and argued appeals of family court decisions. Prior to the practice of law, David worked as a securities analyst for a Fortune 500 banking firm. This enables him to analyze the value of retirement accounts and other investments, search for hidden assets and approach all of the complex financial aspects of divorce.
Hopefully you will only have one divorce in your life. Hiring the right attorney can save you thousands of dollars in the distribution of assets and in the cost of resolving your case. The right attorney can also spare you from much of the stress and future disputes by anticipating problems and attending to the details.
Contact us to discuss your situation with Towson family law attorney David Nowak in a free phone consultation. We can arrange evening or weekend appointments.
Call an Experienced Baltimore City Guardianship Lawyer at 443-470-9071
Visa · MasterCard · American Express · Discover